Touching The Limits Of Knowledge
Cosmology and our View of the World
Sources of Models for God
Lead: Katrina Seylor & Adam Walsh
Summary by Steven Knight:
- What is a model of God? A model is an expression for a God.
- Do we create the models or do the models actually exist, independent of
- Religious vs. Scientific models
- religious models
- key icon or symbol
- provides a whole world view
- "Big picture"
- science models
- details of what is going on around us
- provides a smaller world view
- "little picture"
- God: a shell that has been created around the idea of god
- Models of God: provide an idea of meaning, a model of existence
- Is any of this real? Or is it just there for us to provide meaning?
- God is more than the cause of the universe and more than just a part of
- Models of God vs. Models of existence
- God is an archetype?
- God is perhaps the soul of the people
- Science: models of reality
- Religion: models of meta-reality
- These models place us in a context (provide a framework) and a set of behaviors
- Models help us define a way of life