- Space Plasma Physics
- Interplanetary Magnetic Field
- Interaction of the Earth, Planets and Planetesimals
with the Solar Wind
- Cosmic Ray Propagation in the Heliosphere
- Interpretation of Spacecraft Data
Spacecraft and Mission Involvement
Guest Investigator, 1982-1983.
Pioneer-Venus Guest Investigator, 1988-1991.
- Collaboration with
MFI Team, December 1994 to 2000.
- Co-Investigator on
MAG Team since instrument re-confirmation in 1995.
- Maintain association through P.I. since March 1987.
- Instrument Investigator on
Advanced Composition Explorer
(ACE) since 1996.
- Data Manager for the
Magnetic Fields Experiment since 1991.
- Responsible for spacecraft magnetics monitoring and correction.
- MAG Team liaison for NOAA Real-Time Solar-Wind Space Weather
- NASA Group Achievement Award given to ACE Project Team
June 16, 1998.
Guest Investigator, 1997-2004.
- Co-Investigator on NASA Radiation Belt Storm Probes EMFISIS Instrument Suite
- Data Manager for the Magnetic Fields Experiment (MAG).
Relevant Spacecraft and Space Science Home Pages
New Hampshire Web Sites
Mail to: Charles.Smith@unh.edu
Return to the Home Page of