Use g = 10 m/sec2
1. The units of acceleration are:
2. The equation v = vo + at2 describes the velocity of a particle, and a is its acceleration on the way. Which term below is dimensionally correct?
What is the correct dimension of the entire equation?
3. At a construction site a pipe wrench struck the ground with a speed of 20 m/s.
4. If the vector a = 2i + 3 j, what is the magnitude of a?
Draw approximately, where the vector is pointing
5. The angle between the vector a in question 4.) and the positive x axis is:
6. If what is the magnitude of ?
In which quadrant of the coordinate system is the vector?
7. What is the magnitude of the centripetal acceleration of a sprinter running
at 10 m/s when
rounding a turn with a radius of 25 m?
8. At a certain instant, a fly ball has velocity .The x axis is horizontal, the y axis is upward, and is in meters per second.
II.1. A small ball rolls horizontally off the edge of a tabletop that is 1.25 m high. It strikes the floor at a point 1.5 m horizontally away (in the positive x direction) from the edge of the table. (30 points)
II.2. A kid throws a stone from the edge of the building with height h = 15 m, as shown below. The initial velocity of the stone is vox = 20 m/s and voy = 10 m/s.